Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sofina: Sweat Proof Makeup Base Review

Just begins the hot summer, the weather is getting hotter and more humid. Since I have super oily skin, the makeup usually tends to get melting easily. Although I am always a fan of European and American makeup brands, I admitted mainly because Japan and Korea makeup brands don't usually carry out my skin color, since I have darker skin than average East Asian. However, after I tried out many makeup base product like MAC and Smashbox Photo Finish Light, I am still finding hard time to find a right one. W with the specific weather in Hong Kong. I will give a average score to MAC, which does a job of moisturize my skin, but not particularly to control oil. I have heard of lots of editor raving for Smashbox Primer, I like the smooth skin finish after application, and the Light version doesn't break me out. But I feel like the product still doesn't control my oil.

Recently, I reached out to Sofina, a Japanese makeup brand, quite popular in Hong Kong. This time I aimed for its Primavista Long Keep Base UV makeup base with SPF 20 PA++ . I screamed out loud! This is it! After I applied it before my makeup, my makeup lasted very well under 90 degree. Even on my regular work and shopping day, my blush, bronzer, and powder didn't smudge. My face has slightly oil flashing on my nose which is totally acceptable. Overall, this makeup base has an affordable price and amazing effect on controlling oil. I highly recommend this makeup base for anyone who is struggling oily face. It has SPF 20 PA++, not much as a sun screen, but definitely better than nothing. If you are looking for a sun screen, I would not recommend it for you. I suggest a higher SPF sun screen, if going outdoor activity. But this is really a good make up base for daily use. And this is the end of my Reaching Makeup Base Trip.


Sofina makeup products are available on ebay or local Sofina counters. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment